Passport to Βelgium
Embed Size (px)
The 1st Primary school of Pyrgos participates in a multilateral Comenius Project, entitled European Friends:Traditional Toys and Games, 2012-1-GB1-COMO6-18389. After each mobility, the pupils of the 1st Primary School of Pyrgos explore the history, geography, culture and cuisine of the chosen country in more detail culminating in a ‘Passport to a Partner’ day event.
Transcript of Passport to Βelgium
- May 7th May 11th 2014 1st Primary School of Pyrgos, Greece Passport to Belgium European Friends: Traditional Toys and Games
- 1ST PRIMARY SCHOOL OF PYRGOS
- OUR COMENIUS MURAL MAP
- I AM APOLLO!! I am Apollo, the mascot of the 1st Primary School of Pyrgos Nice to see you again!!!
- Ces chocolats sont delicieux!! Which country am I talking about? Belgium of course!!! Hello! Hello, Alexia!! Hello, children!!!
- On Tuesday the 12th, June 2014 the pupils of the 1st Primary School gathered in the auditorium of the school to watch the Passport to Belgium presentation. Apollo, the Greek mascot, with the help of Alexia, a 5th grader, was there of course to make the introductions!!!
- AT THE SCHOOL PRESENTATION
- WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BELGIUM? The pupils of the second grade with the help of their teacher, Mrs Eleni Kouneli, made a research about Belgium. They found out some interesting facts. On the passport day each of the pupils revealed a special characteristic about Belgium.
- BELGIUM Belgian National Anthem
- Belgium is located in North West Europe. Belgium has approximately the same population as Greece but it is four times smaller than Greece.
- Belgium is one of the founding members of the European Community.
- Brussels is the capital of Belgium. It is located at the centre of the country. The European Union has its main base of operation here and along with the European Council and the Commission, Brussels also hosts the Parliament.
- The Grand Place or Grote Markt is the central square of Brussels
- The Flemings or Flemish live in the northern part of Belgium, which is called Flanders, and speak the Flemish language. Walloons are a French-speaking people who live in southern Belgium, principally in Wallonia. German-speaking people live in eastern Belgium. Do you know that Belgium has three official languages? French, German and Dutch - Flemish, a Dutch dialect
- No other country has as many comic strips as Belgium!! Have you seen the film The Adventures of Tintin? It is based on the illustrated stories of Georges Prosper Remi who wrote under the pen name Herg.
- The Smurfs were first created and introduced as a series of comic characters
- Do you know that the Belgians claim to have invented ..French fries? They are usually wrapped in a traditional paper cone, served with mayonnaise and ketchup, with a small plastic fork on top.
- Waffles are a Belgian culinary speciality and can be eaten at any time, covered in sugar, cream or chocolate.
- Chocolate is another Belgian delight!
- Belgium produces more than 1000 kinds of beer!
- Manneken Pis is a small bronze sculpture in Brussels It was designed and put in place in 1618 or 1619. Try to find out more about it!!
- It was designed to be a replica of a single unit of iron crystal blown up 165 billion times. It was created in 1958 for the Brussels Worlds Fair held in Heysel, Brussels. Atomium It stands at 102 m. There are 9 spheres. The spheres are wrapped in stainless steel, originally aluminium.
- Some of the most famous Belgians are The Flemish painter Peter Paul Rubens Herg, a famous Belgian cartoonist best known for The Adventures of Tintin Jacques Brel, a singer- songwriter Eddy Merckx, a cyclist and of course the Smurfs!!!
- OUR FINAL PRODUCT In Your Shoes Competitive Games Diary The pupils of the nine schools of our partnership investigated traditional competitive games, including those conducted within a natural environment. They considered how these could be adapted for people with differing needs. The pupils decided to play a blind folded obstacle course, video tape it and record their experiences about it. Then they uploaded the video on the Games Diary section of the Products on the website of the programme to share their experience with each other.
- IN YOUR SHOES - BLIND FOLDED OBSTACLE COURSE
- IN BELGIUM We had such a fantastic time in Belgium! We were so happy to see nice people, a lot of cyclists and many other interesting things. Enjoy some of the happy moments we experienced!!!
- Enjoy our video
- Another surprise in Greece! More games!! We visited the Special Vocational Education and Training School in Pyrgos and the Elementary School for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students in Patra. We had a fantastic time!!!
- At the end of the Passport to Belgium the B1 class gave little Comenius gifts to everyone attending the ceremony! We were all so happy to receive one!!
- COMENIUS CLOSING CEREMONY GIFT CARDS
- COMENIUS CLOSING CEREMONY GIFTS
- Thats what I did for the mobility in Belgium. However, now I'm looking forward to spending some time in my element the sea!
- !!! HAVE A NICE SUMMER!!!