Sales Training Cost Cutting
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Sales Training Cost Cutting
You have your list of accounts Top & Secondary
Research about them on their website, press release, type at Google
“X ομιλίες, σεμινάρια, workshops”
• You can search for more accounts (hotels, companies) regarding if their target group is students
You can further categorize them by their field
FMCG: Fast Moving Consumer Goods• Market research is the process of systematically gathering,
recording and analyzing data and information about customers,
competitors and the market.
“envisioning a sustainable Sources
of revenue.”Diversity of partners – ideally your income should be coming from at least
• organizations and there should not be one organization which contributes to
your budget more than 20% – that would create unnecessary dependence of
AIESEC on the organization.
Diversity of market segments – is all your revenue coming from one
• need to focus on multiple industries/types of organizations. If anything
negative happens in one segment/industry, you need to be able to rely on
The telephone should only be used to get an appointment. It
has to be as short as possible. Around one minute is the averageduration. At the end of that one minute, you should have an appointment that
may last between 30 and 60 minutes.
We would like to meet you in the coming weeks to see how
AIESEC and (company name) can work together.
Would (pick a date) suite you?
If the Manager asks more about AIESEC, answer
The question directly and truthfully but never lose the fact that you call only to get an appointment.
NEVER SELL ANYTHING THROUGH THE PHONE!!!
If they do not know AIESEC
• Do your preparation before and find out
what will be your key sentence, your key
phrase, that will capture their interest to
book a meeting with you!
• Find via google, linkedin who is the HR
Director / HR Manager
• Company Representatives
• Ice breakers
• Product Portfolio
CompanyAlso try to gather information about their recent history that you might find in the
local, national or international newspapers, depending on the scale of activity of the
company. By knowing that history, you may find out how the company wants to apply
its strategy and vision.
Never forget that information is a strategic weapon! The more you have, the best
prepared you are and the bigger the advantage you have on the company is. It often
happens that the company does not know a lot (or anything) about AIESEC and that
it will not try to find out before you meet them. Therefore, you have a huge advantage
by possessing that information.
Beside, try to show the company that you did your homework and looked for that
information by talking about one of their specific and original products or
Company• Before talking about AIESEC, talk about the
company. People like talking about themselves. And this will introduce the company in the discussion. If you start directly to talk about AIESEC, the company representatives will only sit and listen. If you get them involved in the conversation from the start, they will take part in it even when you talk about AIESEC.
• When you do so, pay extremely attention to everything the company is going to say. The best thing about what they are going to say is that you might have the possibility to use it when talking about AIESEC.
Company• Next to this, even if you are talking about the company, never
forget that you are the one supposed to lead the conversation.
You must direct the company to where you want it to go. You
have to follow your structure and never let the control pass to
the other side.
• Write down all the info you collected before the meeting and
during so as to have selling points presenting your product
• You should try to know exactly who you are going to meet and the amount
of people you will have to face. It is also important to gather as much
information as possible on the company representatives (personal and
professional backgrounds) that could give you the possibility to use as
icebreakers. (on the way to the meeting room or at the beginning while you
open your laptop)
Have clean, professional appearance!
Talk clearly, politely, with smile, self confidence
Have laptop, notebook, pen, business cards
never forget that in a meeting, the first thing you sell is
• perceive your self as their partner not as a young student that
few of their time! It is for their good to partner with us not only
AIESEC’s good! to lose. This releases you from a
• lot of unnecessary stress. You have to realize that the company
needs you more than you need them
• know your product and believe in it! As I have just said, you are
the perfect example of the AIESEC product achievement. It
means that believing in the product is equal to believing in
yourself and in what AIESEC has brought you since you joined
• Except from product portfolio, AIESEC is your product as well!
First, discuss about AIESEC, about our impact, vision and
purpose and then about the products! They must know with
what organization are partnering with.
i.e: a company must not partner with AIESEC because they want
to promoted in un. This is something that comes after the
• You are the ambassador of AIESEC in Greece! The way you
will represent AIESEC, Products, the way you will behave this is
the image that they will create for our organization! Try to like
• Learn to say no and protect the brand of AIESEC
i.e: We do not promote job openings to students only to
alumni of AIESEC Greece
You can refer to the uni that he/she has studies, to the
• As you presenting the Product Portfolio your voice
and way of speaking must be like you are saying it for
the first time. Use colors in your voice to point out
• As you present them you should have customized
way of speaking! i.e referring to the benefit of product
you should use info of the company in order for the
partner to understand the uniqueness and not being
another one presentation.
• Refer products’ unique selling proposition
• Speak the language of their needs!
• Before leaving the meeting room set a date
of speaking again !
• Once you go back to the office send the
product portfolio if they are generally interested
or a partnership proposal if they have already
expressed their interest to some of the
products! Do not be late, within 24 hour you
should sent it.
• Call them again at the date you have agreed
Now it starts the follow up management!
You will have to call many companies again and
again! Put these dates on your calendar with
General Selling Skills!
• to become expert!!!! :D
10 expert skills
1. Make the right valuable questions that will
help you sell easier“Are you the decision
“What do you know
about our company?”
“Are you interested in
“What are your
What goals are you striving to achieve this
“What challenges are you experiencing
trying to reach those targets?”
“What are those problems costing you in
terms of lost revenue, customers, market
“What impact is that having on your
business? On you?”
“How important is this project?
“What could potentially prevent this from
“What internal challenges do you need to
deal with before this project gets the go-
• You can ask all the questions in the world but if you don’t listen carefully to what the other person tells you, you are wasting your time and losing valuable sales opportunities. Active listening means actually hearing what people tell you. It means asking clarifying questions when the other person says something vague or that requires elaboration.
• Focus your full attention on the other person.
• Listen for underlying clues and respond accordingly.
• One of the most effective ways to show a prospect that you have listened (and heard) what they have told you is to quickly recap the key points they mentioned as being important.
• DO NOT INTERRUPT
3. Presentation Skills!
• As you are going to give them many info
keep them to the point with clear
communication and a good structure
thinking and way of speaking, in bullet
• Watch out to your gestures, face
expression and body language! Sit straight
with calm face!
5. Be Honest. When you do not have the info they need tell them I will ask and come back to you
6. Have good follow up management. Call the company the date you agreed. DO NOT FORGET. USE GOOGLE CALENDAR
7. When you cannot reach people, send email and leave message to the secretary.
8. Ensure they like you!!! Build personal relationship, just be yourself, do not fake! After the meeting create a space for other discussions as well.
Key Golden Rule of Sales
• Focus on Why
• Customize based on who you have there
• Benefits Ask yourself: what do they
have to gain?