Α.Organisms on Land B.Organisms in or near water.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Α.Organisms on Land B.Organisms in or near water.
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- .Organisms on Land B.Organisms in or near water
- Slide 3
- .Biotic Factors on Land 1. Tree Layer 2. Shrub Layer 3. Field Layer ( herbs ) 4. Ground layer ( moss, lichen, fungi ) 5. Fauna
- Slide 4
- Tree Layer We have witnessed many tree species. The most characteristic are: Platanus Orientalis Oriental Plane Salix alba Willow Pinus halepensis Aleppo Pine Cypressus sempervirens Cypress Cercis Siliquastrum Judas Tree Olea oleaster wild olive tree
- Slide 5
- Platanus Orientalis, or the Oriental plane, is a large, deciduous tree of the family Platanaceae, known for its longevity and spreading crown
- Slide 6
- Pinus halepensis, commonly known as the Aleppo Pine, is a pine native to the Mediterranean region
- Slide 7
- Cercis siliquastrum, commonly known as Judas Tree, is a small tree from Southern Europe and Western Asia which is noted for its prolific display of deep-pink flowers in spring.
- Slide 8
- Shrub Layer We have witnessed the following species: Nerium oleander oleander Quercus coccifera Kermes oak Erica arborea heath Cistus incanus cistus Paliurus spina-christi Christs thorn Juniperus oxycedrus juniper Rubus idaeus Raspberry Rosa canina Wild Rose Vitex agnus-castus Vitex
- Slide 9
- Quercus coccifera
- Slide 10
- Erica arboreaCistus incanus
- Slide 11
- Rosa canina (commonly known as the dog rose) is a variable scrambling rose species native to Europe, northwest Africa and western Asia. Nerium oleander is an evergreen shrub in the familyApocynacea, toxic in all its partsIt is most commonly known as oleander.
- Slide 12
- Rubus idaeus (Red Raspberry) is a red-fruited species of Rubus native to Europe and northern Asia and commonly cultivated in other temperate regions. Vitex agnus-castus, also called Vitex is a native of the Mediterranean region. It is one of the few temperate-zone species of Vitex, which is on the whole a genus of tropical and sub-tropical flowering plants.
- Slide 13
- Herb species Thistle is the common name of a group of flowering plants characterised by leaves with sharp prickles on the margins, mostly in the family Asteraceae. Prickles often occur all over the plant on surfaces such as those of the stem and flat parts of leaves.
- Slide 14
- Urtica sp. Nettles constitute between 24 and 39 species of flowering plants of the genus Urtica in the family Urticaceae
- Slide 15
- Anemone blanda Grecian Windflower is a tuberous perennial valued for its daisy-like spring-blooming flowers, native to southeastern Europe, Turkey,Lebanon and Syria.
- Slide 16
- Herbs Anagalis arvensis Calendula arvensis Anemone coronaria Ornithogallum sp.
- Slide 17
- Alkanna tinctoriaAristolochia rotunda Myosotis sp. Forget me not Campanula sp.Crupina crupinastrum
- Slide 18
- Muscari neglectumOrobanche sp Ophrys sphegodes Nigela arvensisRanunculus ficaria
- Slide 19
- Helleborus cyclophyllusHypecum imberbeReseda alba Romulea bulbocodiumRuscus aculeatus
- Slide 20
- Papaver sp. Stellaria media Potentilla sp. Arum italicum
- Slide 21
- Ground Layer In wet and shady place we have noticed mosses forming big cushions on rocks or tree trunks. Of the course there was plenty and fungi lichens.
- Slide 22
- Slide 23
- Mammals Unfortunatelly we have not witnessed any mammals, but we have seen their feeding signs. The pine cone on the photo indicates the presence of squirrel, Sciurus vulgaris
- Slide 24
- Reptiles Elaphe quatuorlineata Testudo sp. Lacerta viridis
- Slide 25
- Amphibians The European tree frog is the common name of Hyla arborea. The original name of this frog was Rana arborea The Common Frog, Rana temporaria also known as the European Common Frog or is found throughout much of Europe
- Slide 26
- Insects Mantises is an order of insects that contains approximately 2,200 species in 15 families [ Bees are flying insects and are known for their role in pollination and for producing honey The Red Admiral (Vanessa atalanta) is a well-known colourful butterfly, found in temperate Europe Coleoptera is an order of insects commonly called beetles Coccinellidae is a family of beetles, known variously as ladybirds or ladybugs
- Slide 27
- Arachnids Wolf spiders are members of the family Lycosidae, from the Ancient Greek word "" meaning "wolf"
- Slide 28