Finite element - axisymmetric stress and strain
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Finite element - axisymmetric stress and strain
- 1. AXISYMMETRIC stress and strain BY Ahmed Shakir
- 2. I-Introduction :- Many three-dimensional field problems in engineering exhibit symmetry about an axis of rotation. Such problems, known as axisymmetric problems, can be solved using two-dimensional finite elements, which are most conveniently described in cylindrical (r, , z) coordinates.
- 3. Axisymmetric elements are triangular tori such that each element is symmetric with respect to geometry and loading about an axis such as the z axis.
- 4. II-DERIVATION OF THE STIFFNESS MATRIX:-
- 5. References :- 1-Fundemental of finite element by Hutton. 2-programmint the finite element ,smith & griffiths 3-http://www.ce.memphis.edu.