Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Diabetes mellitus
- 1.VIMP COURSE A LEADER SHIP TRAINING
2. DIABETES MELLITUS 3. DEFINITION
- Condition where pancreas cannot produce enough insulin.
- When cells stop responding to the insulin.
- Diabetes is a chronic disease
- Glucose in the blood cannot be absorbed into the cells of the body .
- Frequent urination,
- Excessive thirst,
- LIFE STYLE
- HYPER TENTION
6. TREATMENT Changes in diet, Oral medications, Daily injections of insulin. 7. MECHANISM OF DM
- 01.Every cell in the human body needs energy in order to function
- 02.The body's primary energy source is glucose
- 03.Insulin is a hormone or chemical produced by cells in the pancreas
- 04.Insulin acts as a key for cells
- 04.When the insulin is not produced glucose is deposited at the blood cells
- 05.The body will attempt to dilute the high level of glucose in the blood, a condition called hyperglycemia
- 06.Sending signals to the body to eat more food
9. Types of DM
MOSTLY SEEN IN CHILDREN SEEN IN ADULTS 10. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
- K. BHARATH REDDY