Cyber and ethics(cyber crime and many more topics)
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Cyber and ethics(cyber crime and many more topics)
CYBER AND ETHICS
WHAT IS CYBER
• Cyber- is a prefix derived from "cybernetic," • Which comes from the greek adjective
κυβερνητικός meaning skilled in steering or governing.
WORDS THAT USE THE CYBER PREFIX
• Cyberspace is a domain characterized by the use of electronics and the electromagnetic spectrum
• Used To– Store data– Modify data– exchange data via networked systems
• Also called social suicide• cybersuicide is a slang term
used to describe a suicide or suicide attempt that has been influenced by Web sites on the Internet
• Cybersecurity is the body of technologies, processes and practices
• Designed to protect networks, computers, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access
• Cybercrime is criminal activity done using computers and the Internet.
• This includes anything from downloading illegal music files to stealing millions of dollars from online bank accounts.
• According to a report 4,191 Indian websites were defaced or hacked into in August alone, much higher than the 2,380 in July, 2,858 in June and 1,808 in May
SOME CASES OF CYBER CRIME
• In January 2012 Zappos.com experienced a security breach
after as many as 24 million customers' credit card numbers,
personal information, billing and shipping addresses had
• June 2012 LinkedIn and eHarmony had been attacked,
compromising 65 million passwords, 30,000 passwords were
cracked and 1.5 million EHarmony passwords were posted
DANGERS AHEADwebsense 2014 predictions
• Advanced malware volume will increase
• Attackers will be more interested I your cloud data then your network
• A major data destruction attack will occur
• The use of information technology to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.
CYBERMONDAY• A marketing term for the Monday after
Thanksgiving in the United States.
• The term "Cyber Monday" was created by marketing companies to persuade people to shop online.
• The term made its debut on November 28, 2005, in a Shop.org press release entitled "'Cyber Monday Quickly Becoming One of the Biggest Online Shopping Days of the Year".
• Hacker, who represent the best kind of cyberpunk
• Cracker, who attempt to break into computer systems
• Phreak, who attempt to break into telephone systems
• Cyber-punks, who attempt to break codes and foil security systems
• A branch of digital forensic science pertaining to legal evidence found in computers and digital storage media.
• The goal of computer forensics is to examine digital media in a forensically sound manner with the aim of identifying, preserving, recovering, analysing and presenting facts and opinions about the information.
• It means moral principles that govern a person's behaviour or the conducting of an activity.
CLASSIFICATION OF ETHICS
• The term “meta” means after or beyond• The notion of meta-ethics involves a bird’s eye
view of the entire project of ethics• May be defined as the study of the origin and
meaning of ethical concepts
• It involves arriving at moral standards that regulate right and wrong conduct
• We should do to others what we would want others to do to us. Since I do not want my neighbour to steal my car, then it is wrong for me to steal her car. Since I would want people to feed me if I was starving, then I should help feed starving people
Applied Ethics• the branch of ethics which
consists of the analysis of specific, controversial moral issues
• Such as– Abortion– Animal Rights– Euthanasia
• also known as comparative ethics• It is the study of people's beliefs about
• Analysis of the nature and social impact of computer technology
• Corresponding formulation and justification of policies for the ethical use of such technology.
2 in 5Kids have been bullied online
1 in 4have been bullied more than once
9 in10Have hurt their feelings online
2 in 5kids have had their password stolen
1 in 5received an threatening email
Thirteen year old commits suicide after cyber-bulling and online emotional attack
DPS MMS Scandal
MMS Scandal Rocks Jamshedpur Schools
NOIDA Girl Refuses to Marry, Boy Uploads Nude Pics
MMS Scandal Rocks Delhi Business School
MMS scandal involving Namitha, Malavika, South Indian Actresses
Boyfriend posts Nude Pics on Social Networking Site
Mumbai teen arrested for sending threat mail
It’s a full blownEpidemic
What sites your child frequents?
Who are his online friends?
What do they discuss?
What do they do online?
Learn to use the Internet