ALBA Graduate Business School Business unusual 2008.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of ALBA Graduate Business School Business unusual 2008.
- Slide 1
- ALBA Graduate Business School Business unusual 2008
- Slide 2
- Identity Non-state academic institution of graduate studies in Business Administration Not-for-Profit association of 81 Corporate Members Operates under the auspices of the: SEV Hellenic Federation of Enterprises Hellenic Management Association () Athens Chamber of Commerce & Industry () Research-driven institution Accredited by AMBA (Association of MBAs) Member of CEEMAN (Central & East European Management Association)
- Slide 3
- Academic Council Members Ch. Argyris The James Bryant Conant Professor of Education and Organizational Behavior, Graduate School of Business Administration, Harvard University, USA P.J. Athanasopoulos Chairman and CEO, Public Power Corporation SA; Executive Senior Executive Advisor, Toyota Motor Europe; Professor Emeritus, Department of Banking and Finance, University of Piraeus, Greece G.M. Constantinides The Leo Melamed Professor of Finance, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, USA Ch. Delporte Rector, Facultes Universitaires Catholiques de Mons (FUCAM), Belgium
- Slide 4
- Academic Council members (contd) P.R. Kleindorfer Universal Furniture Professor of Decision Sciences, Economics and Business and Public Policy, Chairperson, Operations & Information Management Department, Co-Director, Risk Management & Decision Processes Center, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, USA Frank Brown, Dean, INSEAD Colin Mayer, Dean, Oxford Said Business School A. De Meyer, Dean, Judge Business School, University of Cambridge John Saunders, Dean, Aston Business School, Aston University L. Tava Professor of Quantitative Economics, Director, Quantitative Methods Center, SDA Bocconi, Italy H. Thomas, Dean, Warwick Business School, The University of Warwick R. Winkler, James B. Duke Professor, The Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
- Slide 5
- Board of Directors N. Ebeoglou Chairman of the Board, Hellenic Management Association Representative U. Kyriacopoulos (S&B Minerals) Vice-Chairman of the Board Ch. Lambropoulos Secretary General, Athens Chamber of Commerce & Industry Representative G. Aronis (Alpha Bank), Treasurer D. Papalexopoulos (Titan Cement) Member, Federation of Greek Industries Representative N. Travlos The Kitty Kyriacopoulos Chair in Finance, Member D. Mavros (PRC Group) Member N. Nanopoulos (EFG Eurobank) Member A. Frangou (Navios Corp) Member
- Slide 6
- 81 corporate members.
- Slide 7
- STEELMET S.A.
- Slide 8
- Endowments & funding programs The Kitty Kyriacopoulos Chair in Finance The Stavros Kostopoulos Chair (academic subject to be identified) The Constantinos Kapsaskis Endowed Professorship in Financial Services Management The Aristides Daskalopoulos Endowed Professorship in Business Ethics The George D. Mavros Research Professorship in Organization & Management The Tassos Papastratos Research Professorships in Marketing The TITAN Distinguished Visiting Professors Program
- Slide 9
- Faculty Resident Professors are internationally renowned scholars Visiting Professors are drawn from top international business schools like Columbia, Harvard, INSEAD, London Business School, Wharton, Warwick, etc. Resident Faculty
- Slide 10
- Indicative list of Visiting Faculty INSEAD, France Ziv Carmon Soumitra Dutta Prashant Malaviya STERN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, NYU, USA Anthony Saunders ZICKLIN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, CUNY, USA Paschalina Ziamou WHARTON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, USA Steven Blum UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, USA Robert Marx
- Slide 11
- Activities Academic Programs Executive Development Programs Academic Research Applied Research and Innovation Projects Public Events
- Slide 12
- Academic programs Full-Time Professional MBA MBA in Shipping MBA in Banking* ALBA EFG EUROBANK ERGASIAS MBA in Financial Services Executive MBA in Collaboration with ACT (Thessaloniki) MSc in Finance MSc in Strategic Human Resources Management MSc in Business for Lawyers *in collaboration with the Hellenic Bank Association
- Slide 13
- Executive development programs Open-enrollment seminars & programs, addressing the latest management trends Company-specific seminars & programs, designed to address the specific needs and challenges of individual organizations Customized Executive Management Programs, in the context of which, participants acquire immediately applicable knowledge, skills & competencies, while strengthening relations with colleagues Joint executive programs with international Business Schools (i.e. Yale School of Management; INSEAD) More than 6,500 participants in total, more than 6,800 training hours in total
- Slide 14
- Academic research Basic academic research formulates and tests original theories and hypotheses on a wide range of management issues creation of new knowledge Published in top international academic journals Applied Research & Innovation Projects
- Slide 15
- Achievements Recognition by the market Over 90% of ALBA graduates are hired by leading companies in Greece or abroad within three months from graduation Over 67% of ALBA Professional MBA program graduates report a salary increase of 30% on average - 85% of them attribute this to their studies at ALBA The Greek industry participates enthusiastically at every ALBA Career Forum (100 corporate recruiters participated in the 16th Career Forum in 2008) The ALBA teams are steadily among the top finalists in the European Business Plan of the Year Competition in the last 6 years, since the School started participating in it. ALBA has won the 1st prize twice, in 2003 and 2005, and the 2nd prize in 2006 and 2007. It is understood that it is only ALBA and LBS that hold such a record.
- Slide 16
- Achievements Recognition by the international academic community All ALBA MBA programs are accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), as of March 2007 The ALBA MSc in Finance is listed in the FINANCIAL TIMES special report Financial Training (among MSc in Finance Programs of 61 distinguished institutions worldwide) The proportion of international students within the ALBA student body is currently at 30% and rising ALBA regularly establishes scholarship programs for eligible Greek and International Students in collaboration with organizations and associations (e.g. WISTA Hellas, The Times Newspaper, TITAN, Novo Nordisk A/S)
- Slide 17
- Achievements Recognition by the international academic community (cont.) ALBA Resident Faculty achievements (research output, publications, joint appointments in top international universities) regularly include international distinctions ALBA organizes and hosts a large number of international academic conferences annually (most recent examples: EFMD MBA Directors Conference 2007; IAME 2007) ALBA participates in several student exchange programs with International business schools ALBA Collaborates with the Global Entrepreneurship Lab of MIT Sloan School of Management (by identifying & recommending suitable host companies in South East Europe for the program)
- Slide 18
- Why ALBA?
- Slide 19
- An institution committed to Excellence Emphasis on quality, and a distinctive mission and philosophy to make a difference Innovative and flexible programs High-caliber Faculty with outstanding international reputation Excellent service personal approach Constantly growing number of companies whose executives attend our Programs Strict student selection process, based on academic achievement, skills and personality Premier location Attractive career opportunities Unique business and social networking opportunities (alumni network, career office) Life-long learning
- Slide 20
- Thank you